I chose to match photos of Goodsell Observatory to the model and this task turned out more difficult that I had anticipated partially because of my poor decision at first. I first chose to create the actual model of the observatory based on the top down photo.
I basically drew circles and rectangles and pulled them from the ground and created a design that looks plausible to the observatory. And then, based on the model, I tried to match the rest of the images of the observatory that I had found from the library archives.
It could be just me, but it was extremely difficult aligning the model the to images so that I could not match the last image from the above. Maybe, I think I should have created a model based on the one from. Also, one mistake that I made was that when I was pulling objects, I did not take height too much into account… The results look as below
The top view is the one that resembles the most because it is the one that is made off from the top view screenshot taken from the Google map.