In class on Thursday we investigated methods that we could use to make photo globes throughout Mudd, as well as presentation methods for the final product. Since we’ve all done work over the weekend, here is a general update on progress:
- Worked on the 3D model of Mudd’s exterior
- Next step: Complete and add textures
- Photographed MANY rocks from the Geology department
- Rendered photographs of 4 rocks into 3D models (because rendering </3)
COOL ACTION SHOTS!
LINKS TO ROCKS!
- Collected room numbers and colloquial names for 1st floor Mudd
- Solicited help of friendly Chemistry major for a tour of 1st and 2nd floors on Wednesday (2nd floor locked from stairwell 5pm-8am weekdays and all day weekends. Labs locked except for classes)
- Pared down form responses to those that can grammatically/contextually stand alone
- Loosely prioritized locations for photo globes into 4 categories (High Priority, Mid Priority, Low Priority, Priority?)
- Next Step: Go to second floor during normal school hours with friendly Chem major and complete directory list. Annotate floor maps with prioritized shot list.